It is a sad fact that almost every day we are called to help another family deal with the heart ache of “carpet abuse”. Carpet that has been trampled on with dirty shoes, vacuumed with poor quality machines, and carpet left for years and years between cleaning. Tragically, many of these once fine specimens of carpet have had their lives shortened by many years. By following a few simple steps, these carpets could have been enjoyed for many more happy years. If you would like to avoid “premature ageing, follow these simple steps………………….
- Vacuum your carpet at least once a week. Dry dirt will scratch your carpet fibres and cause permanent shadowy traffic patterns if left too long. Vacuum cleaners should have a motorized beater bar and be adjusted to the correct height for the pile.Make sure to empty the bag or dirt reservoir often.
- Don’t wear outdoor shoes inside. Dirt stuck to the soles of your shoes will stick to your carpet, dry out, and cause abrasive damage.
- Use carpet mats at all outside entrance doors.Leave abrasive and potentially damaging dirt on cheap mats, not on your beautiful carpets. Replace mats when they no longer clean up nicely.
- Wear slippers or socks. Oils and lotions from feet will cause your carpets to look dirty sooner. Sticky lotions will hold onto abrasive dirt that may cause damage.
- Deep clean your carpets every 12-18 months. If you leave your carpet cleaning until they look dirty, it may be too late. Our clients who have their carpets cleaned every 12-18 months (the Carpet and Rug Institute recommended frequency) have carpeting that always look fresh and new. Their carpets last many years longer too, saving them thousands of dollars in the long run.
Phil and Nikki Shames own Ecosuds, a Hamilton Ontario based company that provides high quality and environmentally friendly carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, fine rug cleaning, and anti slip treatments for tile and bath. They can be reached at 905-667-5624 or email@example.com. Please visit www.Ecosuds.ca to learn more